* Today I'm enjoying the bit of sunshine I see outside and wondering if the sun will decide to stick around and show us her pretty face for awhile because it's been awfully gray and rainy and chilly for kind of a long time now.
* Today I'm thinking about how much I'm looking forward to this weekend -- our annual planting weekend. It's the weekend when Bartley and I will head to the nursery, pick out our flowers and plants for this year, load up the back end of the SUV with our treasures, and spend the day Saturday getting them all safely planted in their new homes. This, of course, partly depends on the crazy weather and whether the sun will finally decide to stick around for awhile. I love our annual planting weekend, not just because of the gardening that happens and the beautiful results when we're finished, but also because of all the one-on-one, uninterupted time Bart and I will have together. No TV. No distractions. Spending the whole day outside, working together on a big project with the whole day stretched out before us to talk and laugh and just BE together while we work. I love weekends like that.
* Today I'm looking forward to spending some time with my sweetie-pie niece and nephew while they're here at my parents' house for a few days. I love those littles and it's been several weeks since I saw them last. Can't wait to kiss their squishy little chubsy cheeks.
* Today I'm excited about new product releases coming soon and the crafty projects that are brewing in my head. I'm only wishing that the rush of ideas would come during the waking hours instead of during the night when I'm supposed to be sleeping. Ahh.....but we can't control creativity, can we? It comes when it wants to. :) Thank goodness for the notepad and pen in my nightstand, and the iPhone that can serve as a flashlight to write and sketch by.
* Today I'm grateful for dear neighbors that feel like family and I'm looking forward to spending time with them over dinner this evening. Their out-of-town relatives are coming to town to visit and they'll all treat us like a part of the family too. A treasure, neighbors like ours.
* Today I'm loving this delicious minty, teal-y green color used on so many of the Portrait collection's patterned papers and trims and embellishments by Crate Paper. (as seen on today's card)
* Today I'm looking forward to my elliptical time so that I can get back to the really good book that I started this week by Liz Curtis Higgs, because as you know, I read while on the elliptical. The story is getting good, and I'm anxious to read some more. I'll share more about the book after I finish it. I don't like to promote books here at the blog-o unless I've actually read the whole thing. ;)
* Today I'm rejoicing with one of my besties who just had baby #4 during the night and I'm praying for the baby and their family, as it's looking like he'll be having a bit of surgery to help his heart in a couple of days. I'm wishing I could hug her neck and hold her hand, but since they can't have visitors right now, I'm praying for her instead. I wish I could do more for her than "just" pray, but sometimes praying is the most important thing we can do. Sometimes I forget that.
* Today I'm thinking of you, dear readers. I'm grateful you stop by to share a part of your day with me. I'm wondering what you're up to and I'm wishing you well. I hope your day is a happy one.
*All supplies on today's card are by Crate Paper (Portrait collection), except the "hello, friend" sentiment stamp which is from Papertrey's Mat Stack 4 Collection.