A few random thoughts that are bopping around in my head today...
- Snapped this picture at a nursery awhile back. I love hen and chicks. We don't have any of them, but hmmm....that might need to change.
- I'm so happy for Will & Kate and their Royal Baby. I was wondering if they'll call him Georgie while he's little, and then someone mentioned they'd heard on the news that this is exactly what they're doing! Aww! :)
- All of this Royal Baby talk lately has had me thinking about this too. Can we just talk, for a minute, about how unfair it is that Prince Phillip isn't really called King Phillip? I mean, if you're married to the Queen, it seems only fitting and proper that you should be referred to as King. We've all seen the fairy tales so everyone knows this, right?? There are no princes married to queens. Only the king is married to the queen! :)
- I haven't picked up any knitting in months but I've been hearing it call my name lately. I blame it on the cooler weather we've been having! I have a white scarf in progress that I totally need to finish...it's the first one I've done with any sort of extra detail. Just a simple border up the sides, but enough that it feels a lot more fancy than any of the others I've made. Can't wait to get back to it! I hope I haven't forgotten how to do it! I'll let you know when I pick it up again.
- I've hardly had any time to read just for fun lately....I'm missing it. I'm reading a book now that I'm finally getting really into, but it's taken me awhile, thanks to the afore-mentioned lack of time. I'll let you know if it turns out to be a good one! ;)
- We're going on vacation soon....to Ireland!!! So excited but honestly, I'm still in that stage before the trip where there's so much work to do before I can leave that it's hard to be super excited because I don't have time to think about the trip thanks to my mile-long to-do list! Haha. Tell me you've been there before too. Not Ireland. I mean in the 'no time to think about it right now' place. You can also tell me if you've been to Ireland though. I'd love to know what you thought of it! Haha!!
- Last night was "small group" night for us, and for dinner, we were each supposed to bring our favorite dish -- one favorite for each spouse. I made potato soup. I don't care that it's summer. It's my favorite. (Well, one of them, anyway.) :) Bart's favorite? Chick-o-sticks. I'm not kidding. I know it's ridiculous and shouldn't technically count as a "dessert" because they're just candy after all, but he bought a case of them expressly for this purpose. He was adamant that this is what he wanted to take as his "favorite." Ladies, sometimes in marriage you have to pick your battles. I chose to pass on this one! lol. Instead, I just decided to go with it and did my best to make them look cute and presentable! Hahaaaaa! See for yourself. How'd I do? ;)
I hope you're having a wonderfully random day, yourself!